CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 18, 2008

A Weekend Getaway

What a wonderful weekend !!! Sunday was my birthday. My sweet, wonderful, awesome, husband surprised me with a weekend getaway to Deer Valley Music Festival. It stars the Utah Symphony along with a featured guest which happened to be the Mormon Tabernacle Choir that night. It was fabulous !!! The setting is so beautiful, right up on the mountainside under the stars of the Deer Valley Ski Resort. We had a picnic dinner on our blanket and then enjoyed the concert. We spent the night in Park City. A little alone time away from the kids was just what the doctored ordered. ( Thanks Grandma W.) We did a little shopping the next day and headed for home. It was awesome! it certainly filled up my little cup helping me gear up for Monday.
Sunday we went to church and then basically lounged for the rest of the day enjoying the Olympics.
Today, a different story ! The Kids and I headed back to school this morning. They both came home pleased about their new classes in new school's , so what more can you ask for. Hopefully it will be a great year for all of us.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! Glad you could come to the concert and enjoy yourself. :)

Sharbear said...

Love tha change of background and the blog. Grandma W LOVED having the girls!!

Jennalee said...

k, I tagged you, go to my blog and check out the rules :) I like the new look of your blog :)

Jennalee said...

to link on your post, you type the name of the person, highlight the name, click the little button with the world and the chain-link (it is like the second or third button in from the left of the top of the compose window), it will call up a dialogue box where you enter the web address to the person you've linked...like http//www.jennalerd.blogspot.com... and then it will change the color of the font so you'll know it is a live link...and I'm not laughing at you, I was always calling emily to tell me how to do stuff all the time! that you're doing all the new blog design and stuff is awesome!