CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Ford Family Reunion!

Silver Meadows

Third generation cousins

My Grandma, My Mom, and her Brother's and Sister's

My Grandpa's remaining Brother's and Spouses

My Grandma and Aunt Ann

Last Thursday night I went to bed fully planing on taking the girls to Southern Utah Swim finals the next day. When I woke up Friday morning I had the strongest wave of nostalgia hit me. I am ashamed to say I have not been to this particular reunion for 12 years. I don't know if it was because my grandma is 86 years old and this one will be the last one she will probably be here to host (the brother's and sister's take a turn every 8 years)or exactly what it was, but I knew I really needed and wanted to go!
After discussing it for a while with the girls, we three chicks packed our bags and gear, left Russ (who had to work) a note on the kitchen counter and headed for Wolf Creek Pass and Silver Meadows.(I must of really wanted to go to leave my nice 5th wheel trailer in the driveway to go stay in a tent!)
My Grandpa (who has past) & Grandma Ford instilled in their family a great love for the mountains! The farther up I got, the more memories came flooding back, it never ceases to amaze me how beautiful Gods world is. Growing up we almost never missed heading to the mountains where my Great Grandpa William Ford and his sons would take the sheep in their younger days. I miss my Grandpa very much, I am so grateful for the legacy he has left us!
I have an awesome bunch of family!! We had a great time with aunts, uncles, cousins some of who I haven't seen in quite a while. We totaled almost 200 carrying on what our Grandparents started long ago.
I want my kids to have a strong sense of family that my parents and Grandparents taught me! I hope by going it has helped. I promised myself I won't wait another 12 years to go again!

2 comments:

The Pruitt Fam said...

Shelly,
It was so good to see you too!! It has been interesting, everyone of us that has blogged something about the reunion has almost wrote the same thing! Our parents have taught us well. Your family did a great job. Lets dont wait 12 years to talk again!
You have an awsome family!
lisa

Sharbear said...

You did the right thing! The girls will have other swim meets but you won't have this same opportunity again.